CREAVEY SEALS WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1962, A TIME OF ENERGY, INNOVATION AND NEW FRONTIERS, WITH EXCITING PLACES STILL TO BE EXPLORED - NOT LEAST OF WHICH WAS THE MOON!
America's space exploration program had been taking 'giant steps' forward in the 1960's, and William Creavey was one of the innovators keeping pace. He had been conducting experiments with Teflon® and had successfully created a seal that could withstand the extreme temperatures and safety critical applications associated with the aerospace industry. The Teflon®-encapsulated seal, and a whole new industry, were born.
William Creavey's innovation gave the world a reliable way to close off potential leaks between mating surfaces in static and dynamic applications - assisting in keeping the doors of progress well and truly open as engineers could be confident that Creavey sealing solutions would perform superbly in a wide range of applications.
Through the following decades, Creavey Seal Company lead an entire industry, defining encapsulated o-ring technology by developing new designs, materials and processes for applications ranging from outer space to protecting sensitive mechanical parts - including pumps, filters, compressors, vessel lids and pressure regulated valves. Whatever the application, the common denominator was always Creavey's consistency, superb quality and pursuit of perfection.
Today, Creavey Seals is part of the global Integrated Polymer Solutions group, with access to a breadth and depth of advanced skills and superb production facilities. Integrated Polymer Solutions is headquartered in Long Beach, California and also has a European Head office in Yorkshire, England, where NES (Northern Engineering Sheffield) is based.
Creavey Seals is very closely aligned with NES and works in partnership with the company, utilising resources and production facilities - for elastomer sealing solutions second to none.
NES FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Custom built NES Ncap® production pods - for low rate and full rate production
- Astra Seal® department with wire coiler, designed and developed by our own technical team
- Hot-vulcanised spliced joined sealing department boasting 25 years of experience
- Moulding department with six standard moulding presses and one linear moulding press allowing the manufacture of infinite inside diameters
- Extrusion department with six silicone and rubber extruders – capable of producing standard cord to complex inflatable and custom profiles, supported by precision grinding equipment to meet more stringent tolerances
- Inflatable Seal and Custom Profile department manufacturing standard and non-standard, bespoke profiles including NES’ patented ‘membrane technology’, NES TECHNIFLATE® inflatable seals
- Custom built clean room to adhere to specific customer cleanliness requirements
- Supported by our North American distribution hub Creavey Seal in Pennsylvania.
Additional resources and expertise are available through our sister companies as part of the Integrated Polymer Solutions group; comprising a wealth of specialist design engineering and manufacturing skills in transforming raw materials into highly specialised components.
Download our brochure for a further insight into our philosophy, applications and expertise.